Position: Business Operations Specialist at IRBM, Intellectual Property & Project Management
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides integrated or stand-alone, pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Business Operations Specialist to join the Company and support our business and scientific efforts. The selected candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team as a liaison between the administrative, business development and scientific teams.
She/he will support the business development and scientific teams by generating quotations, Statements of Work, marketing materials and managing the CRM. The individual will also be responsible for compiling the sales pipeline opportunity and resource tracking and monitoring key performance indicators. .
The successful candidate is expected to support the company preparing, tracking and analysing reports (i.e. budget, operations activity, department metrics) in addition to generating CRM reports for opportunities and key performance indicators.
She/he will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position. Candidates with prior experience in this field will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Tracking and monitoring quotations, SOWs and current work contracts, ensuring that the corporate’s resource accounting, planning policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize and present data.
- Establish productive, working, cross-departmental relationships with all team members
- Strong knowledge of enterprise resource planning suites with proficiency in the utilisation of CRMs;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
- Proven experience with Salesforce would be considered a plus.
- Understand all aspects of the contracting process, profit margins and revenue flow.
- Good commercial sense.
- Very good maths and IT skills, proficiency with standard computer software packages such as MS Word & Excel.
- Understanding of confidentiality issues and ability to handle appropriately sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
- Scientific Technical Diploma with at least 4+ years’ experience in the same role.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or technical field (Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Good knowledge of life sciences is a plus