Position: Purchasing Specialist at IRBM, Finance & Purchasing Unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides integrated or stand-alone, pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a highly motivated Purchasing Specialist to join the Company and support our business and scientific efforts.
She/he will support the business by supporting our company’s procurement activities. His/her responsibilities will include sourcing new suppliers, ensuring that the purchased products and materials meet specific technical specifications, negotiating purchase terms, and evaluating supplier performance. The Purchasing Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring timely deliveries and resolving any supply issues or discrepancies.
The successful candidate should be able to develop efficient procurement solutions and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. Ultimately, he/she should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be an analytical thinker, and demonstrate a good working knowledge of purchasing strategies should have a sound knowledge of standard financial and administrative procedures, and the ability to work as part of a group is very important.
Candidates with prior experience in this field will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- supporting the daily operations of purchasing functions;
- respecting, monitoring, and implementing policies and procedures related to areas of responsibility;
- ensuring that orders are placed and received in a timely manner and at the correct cost;
- monitoring quotes, orders, and order confirmations;
- assisting colleagues/teams with the resolution of purchase order discrepancies and, in particular, the Scientific Team and the Accounts Payable staff;
- monitoring financial and product data in order to maximize performance generation and reduce company costs;
- assisting Managers on specific projects and, in particular, on Master Agreements with providers;
- complying with safety policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, as well as participating in department safety activities;
- performing other duties as directed or as necessary in order to ensure daily operations, data analysis, and savings;
- processing and optimizing purchasing orders and check deliveries;
- maintaining financial and purchasing files and records;
- preparing monthly reports and reporting on variances
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in Italian and in English;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- A sound knowledge of standard purchasing procedures;
- Very good maths and IT skills, proficiency with standard computer software packages such as MS Word & Excel.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and meet demanding deadlines
- Proven working experience as a Purchasing/Buyer Specialist;
- 6+ years of experience in a Purchasing Office;
- Relevant qualification in the fields of Finance or Economics;
- Proficiency with standard computer software packages, in particular with Excel, and ERP purchasing software
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Advanced level of written and spoken English.