October 27th, 2021 POSITION: JR PURCHASING / BUYER SPECIALIST AT IRBM, FINANCE & PURCHASING UNIT…
Position: SCIENTIFIC PROJECT MANAGER – Ref. 156 B – Intellectual Property & Project Management Unit, IRBM.
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company collaborates with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
IRBM is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Scientific Project Manager to lead the Project Management group. In this position the candidate will work within a cross disciplinary team to monitor, control and manage basic and translational research programs in the complex scenario of the R&D, to ultimately deliver new drugs on the market. Technical understanding of scientific and PM principles will be required to provide detailed Gantt charts to help the approval, planning and controlling phases of projects, researches and related expenses (materials and labour) monitoring milestones, resources allocation and deliverable timelines in order to ensure that project goals are being met. The project manager will work closely with the scientific, financial, administrative and business development teams.
The successful candidate will possess a scientific/technical background, preferably in biology or medicinal chemistry or bioengineering, and good knowledge of project management tools with proven experience in overseeing the life cycle of a scientific project in the drug discovery space, which may include determining study protocols, estimating projects budget, communicating goals, gathering data, and analysing the results. High proficiency in English is a must.
- Responsible to ensure the scientific and strategic development of company projects;
- Oversee the assigned projects, including research, statement of work, grant and/or contract, managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage timelines, budgets, logistics and other related activities, to guide major research partnerships with different stakeholders, including Pharma, Biotech, Foundations, non-profit partners and Universities working in the R&D.
- Facilitate cross function projects and activities managing relationships among internal and external scientific and administrative teams from diverse sectors of biomedical science.
- Provide scientific experience to implement policies and procedures related to the organization of scientific programs.
- Drive and uphold rigorous scientific standards, bringing consistency providing analyses and ensuring the adequate review of documents and scientific works.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others.
- Proven experience in project management developing and monitoring of project plans, resources and budgets in the R&D field.
- Strong IT skills, with advanced competence in use of Microsoft Office suites (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Project Management software (MS Project).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and Italian;
- Ability to process datasets and data analyses of multi sector data;
- High degree of flexibility, adapting to Company’s priorities
- Advanced degree or PhD in scientific technical field (Chemistry, Biology, Engineering) or equivalent certification
- Previous experience in research projects preferably in the drug discovery
- Project Management certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus
The position will be based at IRBM’s headquarters in Pomezia (Rome), Italy.