Position: Business Development Manager West Coast US at IRBM, Business Development Dept
IRBM is a drug discovery and contract research organization with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of nascent biology into clinical candidates. We work in a variety of modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides integrated or stand-alone, discovery services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate selection. The company partners with a broad range of clients including pharmaceutical companies, biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Business Development Manager (West Coast US) to join IRBM and promote our business and scientific efforts. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and fostering relationships and building rapport with key decision-makers. He/She will need. to secure new business to expand and diversify the current client base, as well as foster and grow existing accounts..
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, success-driven individual who is well networked within the life science industry on the US west coast. The candidate will be able to work remotely and independently, with dedicated support from the IRBM team, while building strong relationships and a pipeline of opportunities throughout the geographical area.
She/He will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position. Candidates with prior experience in this field will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Identify new business opportunities and drive the sales process through to closure within the assigned geography
- Conduct regular customer visits to strengthen relationships and serve as liaison between client and IRBM
- Achieve designated yearly sales targets and objectives within the assigned geography
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of IRBM scientific platforms and services
- Handle customer queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Work with the scientific team to generate quotes and SOW’s in a timely and efficient manner
- Attend conferences and trade shows as required
- Reporting and maintaining updated CRM
- Proven track record of high-value deals in the drug discovery arena
- Willingness to travel extensively within the territory
- Positive attitude, personal drive and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- BSc in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology or related discipline required
- 5+ years of business development/sales experience in life sciences/biotech/pharma/contract research
- Reside on west coast
- MSc or PhD preferred
- Good knowledge of life sciences is a plus