IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
March 21st, 2023
Position: Scientific Communication Manager – IRBM Global Sales & Marketing Unit – Ref. 175 B
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 13th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
IRBM is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientific Communication Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies that effectively communicate our scientific expertise and advances to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that effectively communicate IRBM’s scientific prowess and development to internal and external stakeholders and which reflect and build the IRBM brand.
- Create and manage content for various communication channels and promotional activities, including press releases, social media, website, scientific publications, and conferences.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including scientific collaborators, media contacts, and internal team members.
- Ensure accuracy and clarity of all scientific communication materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent messaging and alignment of communication strategies.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in scientific communication and incorporate them into IRBM’s communication strategy.
- Strong scientific writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with scientific publications and/or press releases.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluent in English
Requirements & Qualifications
- MSc in a relevant scientific field (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology) required
- PhD in a relevant scientific field (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in scientific communication or related field.