IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
May 18th, 2023
Human Resources Generalist – Human Resources Unit – Ref. 184 B
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 13th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
IRBM is seeking a highly motivated and passionate professional HR Generalist to join our corporate team based in Pomezia and support all Human Resources functions. The successful candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting and developing employees whilst adhering to our corporate guidelines and managing processes. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily administration of policies and programs covering several functional areas: employee relations, communication, affirmative action, staffing and onboarding, training, organizational development, compensation and benefits. You will be involved in executing strategies and tactical plans, partnering with leaders and employees to resolve issues and concerns.
- Participate in the recruitment process, supporting the development of recruitment campaigns, placing internal and external adverts, narrowing down candidates, and preparing documentation. Monitor key recruiting metrics.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and update HR policies, procedures and structures; advise line managers on personnel procedures and precedents.
- Raise offer letters and contracts of employment in compliance with current laws, national labour contract and internal agreements; lead onboarding activities and local inductions.
- Answer all Human Resources queries posed by management and employees, address employee requests and potential issues, investigate and draft grievance replies.
- Help develop, design, modify and implement effective training programs.
- Assist in organizing employer branding initiatives.
- Participate in performance management activities including employee development planning.
- Suggest new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations.
- Partner with management and recommend corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of workforce information; inputting and compiling data on employees and updating the records regularly, ensuring all employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status.
- Assure correct management of all operations related to personnel administration, absence/presence, in full compliance with the current national laws, the National Labor Chemical Contract, internal agreements and company procedures; give information to all “internal customers” such as head depts, supervisors.
- Check accuracy of accounting data related to personnel and cost allocation resulting from accounting reports, monitor monthly personnel cost against budget.
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with people at different levels, including senior staff members and Board members.
- Solid problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Initiative and ability to anticipate and take action to create an opportunity or avoid future crisis.
- Ability to manage complexity, to prioritize and manage time.
- Proven experience in handling conflict situations effectively
- Good command of English
- Ability to coach through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
Requirements & Qualifications
- MSc in Human Resources, business administration, law, or a related field
- 4-5 years of HR generalist experience
- Intermediate practical knowledge of payroll processing, government regulations, payroll tax requirements, personnel administration, and legal implications
IRBM considers all qualified applicants without discrimination, including on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected classes. We nurture an inclusive culture where everyone can show their full potential and enjoying a fulfilling career.