We are seeking an IT scientific application specialist to join our Information Technology Department. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure timely updates and releases of the various resources.
The successful candidate is expected to have 3-5 years of experience in development, configuration and maintenance of solution based on Biovia suites. The ideal candidate will have experience in Agile/Scum Development, Biovia Pipeline Pilot, .NET, Python and/or middle-tier programming technologies.
Knowledge of querying Oracle database is required.
Strong written and oral communication skills will be required in order to respond to user queries and requests, as appropriate.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience with continuous increase of responsibility and technical competence
- Working experience with any of the following: Dotmatics, Biovia, Pipeline Pilot, Electronic Lab Notebook, Laboratory Information Management system, ELN, LIMS
- Experience of computational data entry and data standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to constructively critique database entries and annotations generated by others
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
IRBM is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
The position will be based at IRBM Science Park headquarters in Pomezia (Rome), Italy.