February 15th, 2023 Research Scientist – Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 183 B IRBM is…
Jr. Research Associate I – IRBM, Flow Cytometry/Oncology Unit – Ref. 182 B
February 1st, 2023
Position: Jr. Research Associate I – IRBM, Flow Cytometry/Oncology Unit – Ref. 182 B
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We have an opening for a highly motivated candidate in our Flow Cytometry facility who can be trained to assist with flow cytometry applications, instrumentation maintenance and data analysis. The Flow Cytometry facility provides experimental support and expertise to the drug discovery research of investigators from multiple departments within the IRBM organisation as well as external partners.
The candidate will be required to perform routine testing and assist in analysis on a regular basis; he/she will learn and implement a variety of techniques including advanced flow cytometry, cell culture and single-cell sorting.
This position works under the direction of the Principal Investigator and senior laboratory personnel. A proactive attitude towards learning is a must.
- Under supervision, perform cell culture, flow cytometry sample process and analysis.
- Process human and murine samples and isolating primary cells subsets for subsequent assays.
- Manage laboratory resources, ordering reagents and other lab supplies as needed.
- Administer periodic quality maintenance activities on flow cytometry instruments and related equipment.
- Assist in the development of new cell-based assays and methods.
- Maintain a detailed, up-to-date, accurate and organized laboratory notebook and inventory of samples and reagents.
- Proven experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Previous experience with flow cytometry techniques is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and laboratory setting.
- Detail oriented and fast and willing learner.
- Must be familiar with Excel, PowerPoint, database applications.
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English.
BA/BS in Biology or other related discipline. 1+ years or an equivalent combination of education and experience.