August 2nd, 2022
Jr. Research Associate I – IRBM, Infectious Disease Unit – Ref. 177 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a highly motivated Jr. Research Associate I to join our Infectious Disease Unit and support our drug discovery activities. A proven record in utilizing the most common molecular and cell biology techniques is requested. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will contribute to the design, development and optimization of cell-based assays to assist in the validation of hypothesis around therapeutic targets. A collaborative attitude and ability to work under pressure are essential. Possession of an enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards learning is also a must.
- Under supervision, perform the necessary laboratory activities to develop, troubleshoot, and optimize assays, including but not necessarily limited to cell-based assays, in support of drug discovery.
- Maintain laboratory notebook, write and present comprehensive reports on results.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Proven experience in cellular biology techniques (mammalian cell culture, cell transfection).
- Proven experience in standard molecular and biochemistry procedures, including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, protein and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Experience with gene editing using CRSPR/Cas9 technology would be highly desirable.
- Experience with flow cytometry techniques is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good team player.
Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related discipline with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience.