February 15th, 2023 Research Scientist – Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 183 B IRBM is…
Jr. Research Scientist – IRBM, Display Technologies Unit – 183 A
February 15th, 2023
Junior Research Scientist – Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 183 A
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join the Display Technologies Unit focusing on the development of a new peptide discovery platform based on mRNA display libraries. She/he will be involved in the implementation of the state-of-the-art methodologies required for mRNA display library generation and selection on targets of interest, as well as to carry out functional in vitro and cell-based assays to confirm the biological properties of the selected molecules. The successful candidate is expected to work at the bench and will have plentiful technical skills to independently plan and execute the experiments agreed upon producing high-quality results. Candidates with prior experience in mRNA display technology, molecular biology and nucleic acids manipulation will be given priority.
- Generate accurate and reliable set of data working hard at bench.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize, and present data when required.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Contribute to development of strategies to achieve the objectives in a timely manner.
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality while exhibiting safety awareness and safe work practices;
- Proven experience in molecular biology, biochemical and cell-based techniques, including tissue culture, cell-based assays, nucleic acids and proteins manipulation.
- Critical thinking
- Outstanding organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience.