June 10th, 2022 Position: Junior Research Scientist - IRBM, Peptide Chemistry Unit - Ref. 176…
May 4th, 2022
Jr. Research Scientist – IRBM, Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 174 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides, and proteins. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company collaborates with several Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech’s as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our team in the Display Technologies Unit. He/she will be involved in the biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins with special focus to protein: ligand interactions studies by SPR and BLI for binding kinetics analysis of small molecules, peptides or antibodies to target proteins. The successful candidate is expected to work at the bench and will have plentiful technical skills to independently plan and execute the experiments agreed upon. He/she is expected to proactively participate in establishing the most appropriate experimental strategy to reach the objectives in a timely manner under minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in the biochemical and biophysical techniques to study protein/protein or protein/small molecules interactions, including, but not limited to, binding kinetics analysis by Biacore and/or Octet.
- Proven experience in standard protein expression methods using prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems and in protein purification techniques.
- Excellent team orientation, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is mandatory
- Plan, design and execute experiments to timely reach the objectives under minimal supervision.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data with clear interpretation of results.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members; interact across cross-functional groups.
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related fields with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience. Experience in binding kinetics techniques is preferred.