June 10th, 2022 Position: Junior Research Scientist - IRBM, Peptide Chemistry Unit - Ref. 176…
May 4th, 2022
Jr. Research Scientist – IRBM, Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 174 B
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides, and proteins. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company collaborates with several Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech’s as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated scientist to join the Display Technologies Unit focusing on screening antibody and peptide Phage Display libraries for identifying candidate molecules. She/he will contribute to the use of libraries and will implement and execute screening methodologies, as well as functional in vitro and cell-based assays to confirm the biological properties of the selected molecules. The successful candidate is expected to work at the bench and will have plentiful technical skills to independently plan and execute the experiments agreed upon producing high-quality results. Candidates with prior experience in phage display and cell-based assays will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Generate accurate and reliable set of data working hard at bench.
- Accurately record, analyse, summarize, and present data when required.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and safety.
- Proven experience in standard molecular, biochemical and cell procedures, including but not limited to, tissue culture, proteins and nucleic acids manipulation.
- Proven experience in phage display techniques would be considered a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience. Experience in Phage Display techniques is preferred.