May 18th, 2023 Human Resources Generalist – Human Resources Unit – Ref. 184 B IRBM…
Junior Research Associate II – IRBM, Peptide Chemistry Unit – 184 A
March 29th, 2023
Junior Research Associate II – Peptide Chemistry Unit – Ref. 184 A
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 13th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Junior Research Associate to join the Peptide Chemistry Unit and support the routine and logistics of our scientists in drug discovery efforts. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be involved in the organization and distribution of our internal reagents collection, in the daily dispatch of reagents and solvents from the warehouse and from the internal storage to scientists in the peptide chemistry unit to support their daily needs. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the daily maintenance of instruments to ensure operational use of lyophilizers, analytical/preparative chromatographic systems and peptide synthesizers in collaboration with the Scientific-Engineering Unit. Additional responsibilities will include laboratory work to support peptide sequence assemblies working in collaboration with peptide scientists.
- Organize and handle the reagents collection and registration, location assignment and distribution of new reagents.
- Delivery/storage of reagents and solvents to the required locations within the peptide chemistry unit.
- Perform routine logistic operations for peptide synthesizers, lyophilizers, analytical and preparative chromatographic systems.
- Support to peptide sequence assembly on synthesizers.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices; comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws and to IRBM internal policies.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Familiarity with lab instrumentations with basic knowledge of lab instrument functioning (HPLC) and analytical techniques (UPLC/HPLC and mass spectrometry)
- Understanding of basic concepts in chemistry in particular organic chemistry
- Knowledge of chemical structure drawing software i.e. ChemDraw
- Basic knowledge of Excel and database applications
- Good laboratory skills
- Good oral/written communication In English
- Excellent team player.
High school diploma in a technical school in Chemistry.