October 27th, 2021 POSITION: JR PURCHASING / BUYER SPECIALIST AT IRBM, FINANCE & PURCHASING UNIT…
Position: Junior Research Scientist, Compound Management, Medicinal Chemistry Unit, IRBM – REF. 170 B
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated Junior Research Scientist to join our compound management team in the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be a key member of a dynamic team, which interacts extensively with the Medicinal and Peptide Chemistry Units. Her/his main mission will be to provide effective compound management support to ensure efficient circulation of the compound samples between the internal scientific units and with IRBM’s external partners. In this laboratory-based position, she/he will contribute to the design, development and optimization of the compound management processes and workflows at IRBM. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the project teams to meet their specific needs in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position.
Proactively contribute to the logistical aspects of compound management, including but not limited to:
- Compound registration into the database
- Sample inventory tracking and storage.
- Sample/documentation preparation for internal and external distributions.
- Accurate record keeping
- Contribute to develop/update workable inventory management systems and to improve applications used for the delivery tracking of all managed compounds
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety and comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Clear communication skills
- A good knowledge of written and spoken English language is essential-
- Capability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office™ package (Excel ™; PowerPoint ™; Word ™; Outlook ™)
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Database or Python and/or Java programming are desirable
- Preferred: MSC in chemistry or related field with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Required: BSc in chemistry or related field with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Pharmaceutical research experience would be considered a plus