November 11th, 2022 Position: Legal Specialist – IRBM, Legal & Program Management Unit – Ref.…
October 20th, 2022
Junior Research Scientist – Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 181 A
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated scientist to join the Display Technologies Unit focusing on screening antibody and peptide Phage Display libraries for identifying candidate molecules. She/he will contribute to the use of libraries and will implement and execute screening methodologies, as well as functional in vitro and cell-based assays to confirm the biological properties of the selected molecules. The successful candidate is expected to work at the bench and will have plentiful technical skills to independently plan and execute the experiments agreed upon producing high-quality results. Candidates with prior experience in phage display and cell-based assays will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Generate accurate and reliable set of data working hard at bench.
- Accurately record, analyse, summarize, and present data when required.
Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and safety.
- proven experience in standard molecular, biochemical and cell procedures, including but not limited to, tissue culture, proteins and nucleic acids manipulation;
- proven experience in phage display techniques would be considered a plus.
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- outstanding organizational skills
- high degree of flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience.
Experience in Phage Display techniques is preferred.