IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
September 12th, 2022
Junior Research Scientist – IRBM, Medicinal Chemistry Unit – Ref 178 A
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking a talented Junior level medicinal chemist with excellent organic synthesis expertise to advance internal and external small molecule drug discovery programs. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be involved in the planning and execution of multi-step organic synthesis to generate new chemical entities to achieve agreed upon objectives in a timely manner. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators to achieve project objectives and will work efficiently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Develop and execute synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Analyze and identify compounds using different purification and spectroscopic techniques.
- Contribute to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices; comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Experience in synthetic route design and synthesis of complex molecules
- Proficient in experimental design and laboratory equipment
- Good laboratory skills and knowledge of common purification techniques (chromatography and HPLC)
- Knowledge and experience in structure elucidations of organic molecules by NMR and MS
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Good oral/written communication In English
- Good team player
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Over two years experimental experience in synthetic chemistry will considered as a plus
The position will be based at IRBM’s headquarters in Pomezia (Rome), Italy