June 8th, 2022 Position: Communications and Digital Marketing Manager - IRBM, Business Development Unit -…
June 10th, 2022
Position: Junior Research Scientist – IRBM, Peptide Chemistry Unit – Ref. 176 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking a talented Master’s-level peptide chemist with a background in solid and liquid phase chemistry of peptides, native chemical ligation of small proteins, as well as expertise in organic synthesis to advance internal and external peptide drug discovery programs. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be involved in the planning and execution of multi-step synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of complex peptides to generate new chemical entities to achieve agreed upon objectives in a timely manner. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators to achieve project objectives and will work efficiently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Develop and execute synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Analyze and identify compounds using different purification and spectroscopic techniques.
- Contribute to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices; comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Experience in peptide chemistry for the design/synthesis of complex peptides including peptide conjugates, macrocycles, small proteins
- Experience in synthetic route design and synthesis of amino acids and building blocks
- Proficient in experimental design and laboratory equipment with a preferential knowledge on the use of peptide synthesizers
- Good laboratory skills and knowledge of common purification techniques (HPLC, IEX, GPC) and analytical techniques (UPLC/HPLC and mass spectrometry)
- Knowledge and experience in structure elucidations of organic molecules by NMR and MS.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good oral/written communication In English
- Good team player
- Required: Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline with 2+ years of relevant research experience.