Position: Quality Assurance Manager at ADVENT ADVENT is a GMP-certified Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization,…
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of pharmaceutical companies, biotech’s as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking a self-motivated and ambitious individual to join our Peptide Chemistry Unit as a Principal Research Scientist to pursue cutting-edge research in peptide drug discovery and development. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in peptide & macrocycle chemistry and protein chemistry: she/he will join a highly motivated and dynamic peptide chemistry team and is expected to significantly contribute to the discovery of novel peptides of therapeutic interest in close collaboration with cross-functional teams. Proven experience in synthesis, purification, and characterization of peptides will be the foundation of this role, but passion for high quality science, impeccable soft skills and a drive to push research forward are equally important.
- Lead and execute the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of peptides. Design, plan and execute the experiments to thoroughly characterize peptides by the appropriate and various biophysical methods.
- As a senior member of the group, contribute to define scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting
- Track novel chemistry and related technologies that can be used to drive molecular innovation in peptide synthesis and modification.
- Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and colleagues; establish excellent interactions with cross-functional teams to meet objectives in a timely manner and to promote an outstanding research environment
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Expertise in peptide/macrocycle and protein chemistry. Expertise in organic chemistry would be considered a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in automated peptide synthesis, purification and QC ofsynthesized peptides; strong familiarity with modern analytical and purification techniques.
- Clear understanding of peptide drug discovery optimization strategies
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) are required.
- Required: in Chemistry, Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Technologies or related field with 8+ years relevant research experience
- Preferred: Ph.D. in in Chemistry, Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Technologies or related field with 5+ years relevant research experience