IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 13th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
IRBM is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Buyer to join our team. In this role, you will conduct and support the procurement process of goods and services following established purchasing policies and procedures optimizing price, delivery, and terms, and providing performance analysis of KPIs for the Group.
- Prepare proposals, request quotes, and negotiate purchase terms and conditions
- Analyse and evaluate bids to determine optimum value
- Support budget processing, manage requests and order confirmations
- Analyse demand trends to support the management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Delivers on challenging savings and cost avoidance targets
- Liaise with the internal project team and providers to develop strong relationship resolve financial related issues
- Identify potential suppliers, select them and issue purchase orders; follow up
- Evaluate products and services provided
- Identifies and mitigates sourcing risks
- Monitor of contract expirations and terms
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Result orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments
- Ability to build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in business/engineering disciplines;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, in medium complex and structured company contexts;
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office package with particular focus of ERP logic;
- Previous use of Microsoft Navision and PowerBi systems is an advantage;
IRBM considers all qualified applicants without discrimination, including on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected classes. We nurture an inclusive culture where everyone can show their full potential and enjoying a fulfilling career.