IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic entities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs, research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease. IRBM’s areas mission is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a highly motivated Research Associate to join our High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit and support our Cell Imaging activities. A proven record in utilizing the most common cell biology techniques and knowledge in Fluorescent based microscopy is requested. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will contribute to the design, development and optimization of cell-based imaging assays. A collaborative attitude and ability to work under pressure are essential. Possession of an enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards learning is also a must.
- Working under the direction of our team leader, perform the necessary laboratory activities to develop, troubleshoot, and optimize cell-based imaging assay.
- Maintain laboratory notebook, write and present comprehensive reports on results.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Excellent cell culture handling and proven experience in cellular biology techniques
- Proven experience in standard molecular and biochemistry procedures, including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid manipulation, western blot and immunofluorescence
- Experience with High Content Imaging readers and image analysis would be highly desirable
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Working knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good team player
Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related discipline with at least 2+ years of relevant research experience.