February 15th, 2023
Research Scientist – Display Technologies Unit – Ref. 183 B
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join the Display Technologies Unit focusing on the development of a new peptide discovery platform based on mRNA display libraries. The successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of state-of-the-art methodologies for the generation of mRNA display libraries and of their selection on targets of interest, as well as to the functional in vitro and cell-based profiling of the selected molecules. The successful candidate is expected to outline strategies, plan, execute and analyse experimental results independently while working at the bench producing high-quality results. Candidates with prior experience in mRNA display technology, molecular biology and nucleic acids manipulation will be given priority.
- Actively and independently develop scientific strategies to achieve the objectives.
- Generate accurate and reliable set of data working hard at bench.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data with clear interpretation of results.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators and establish productive working relationships with all members of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Proven experience in standard molecular, biochemical and cell biology procedures, including nucleic acid and proteins manipulation, cell-based assays.
- Previous experience in mRNA Display techniques is preferred. Proven experience in Phage Display techniques would be considered a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Establish excellent interactions with cross-functional teams to meet objectives in a timely manner and to promote outstanding research environment.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is mandatory.
PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 3+ years of relevant research experience.