IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Infectious Disease Unit and support our drug discovery activities. The successful candidate is expected to outline strategies, plan, execute and analyse experimental results independently while working at the bench producing high-quality results. The individual will be involved in the design, development and optimization of cell-based assays to assist in the validation of hypothesis around therapeutic targets. A proven record in utilizing the most common molecular and cell biology techniques is requested. Possession of an enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards learning is also a must.
- Contribute to development of strategies to achieve the objectives in a timely manner.
- Independently design and execute experiments using different cell/molecular techniques.
- Accurately record, analyze and communicate scientific data with clear interpretation of results.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Proven experience in cellular biology techniques (mammalian cell culture, cell transfection).
- Proven experience in standard molecular and biochemistry procedures, including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, protein and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Previous experience with gene editing by CRSPR/Cas9 or other technologies would be highly desirable.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Good team player.
MSc degree in Biological Science, with PhD in Molecular/Cell Biology or with at least 3+ years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial environment.
The position will be based at IRBM’s headquarter in Pomezia (Rome), Italy
IRBM considers all qualified applicants without discrimination, including on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected classes. We nurture an inclusive culture where everyone can show full potential and enjoying a fulfilling career.