IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and…
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 13th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
We are seeking a self-motivated and goal-oriented scientist to join our Oncology Unit and support our growing efforts in Oncology drug discovery. A strong background in Biology is required for this position. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary effort focused on high-quality science to bring forward innovative cancer drug therapy. In this position, the candidate will use scientific judgement, ability to analyze data, lab experience and communication skills to contribute to experimental design and interpretation for either early or late-stage drug discovery programs. The individual will be a positive and collaborative team player with willingness to improve and learn new skills, with passion for experimental work and with a desire to pursue a career starting from the lab.
- Independently design, plan, and conduct various cell-based and biochemical assays with multiple biological readouts for internal or external programs.
- Develop hypotheses, apply excellent technical ability at the bench and execute analysis.
- Contribute to investigate and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Contribute to define goals and assume leadership roles within a project team setting.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor and colleagues; establish excellent interactions with cross-functional teams to meet objectives in a timely manner and to promote an outstanding research environment.
- Present data to internal and external teams; act as a contact point for external customers.
- Supervision and training of lab assistants and research scientists
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Strong expertise in standard molecular and cellular biology techniques. Prior experience in protein biochemistry would be desirable. Competency in bioinformatic analysis would be considered a plus.
- Manage workload and time to execute on multiple projects effe
- Ability to interact positively with team but work independently towards defined goals and timelines.
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of the English language (spoken and written) is mandatory.
Ph.D. in Molecular Oncology, Biology, or related fields with at least 3+ years relevant research experience.
Albeit not mandatory, strongest consideration will be given to candidates with previous experience in drug discovery and an understanding of the drug discovery process.
During the job interview we will evaluate candidates’ experience and the job offer will be commensurate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
IRBM considers all qualified applicants without discrimination, including on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected classes. We nurture an inclusive culture where everyone can show their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career.