November 11th, 2022 Position: Legal Specialist – IRBM, Legal & Program Management Unit – Ref.…
September 6th, 2022
Research Scientist – IRBM, PK/PD Bioanalytics Unit – Ref. 177 B
IRBM is an innovative contract research organization working across all aspects of drug discovery and early development for different modalities – small molecules, peptides, RNAs and antibodies. We foster collaborations with organizations from the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic sectors to accelerate drug discovery from target validation and hit identification to candidate nomination. Our 200 plus-strong, multidisciplinary teamwork at a state-of-the-art R&D facility near Rome where projects are carried out “under one roof” enabling rapid cycle times and close integration of the scientific teams. IRBM’s scientists have discovered several drugs that are on the market, and more than 25 compounds have gone into clinical testing. The company was founded in 2010, as a spin-off from Merck & Co. Now in our 12th year as an independent research organisation, we have laid the foundations to become a global centre for excellence in all aspects of drug discovery and early development.
This is a scientist position within the Ligand Binding Assay group of the Experimental Pharmacology Department. This position is responsible for developing, qualifying, and conducting bioanalytical methods related to large molecule biotherapeutic drug, cell, gene therapies, spanning nonclinical studies to clinical trials biomarker analysis.
- Development and optimization of assays for therapeutic proteins, cell and gene therapy drug.
- Active participation with the program teams and the ability to design the bioanalytical methods and interpret the data within the program context, using both written and oral communication.
- Apply scientific expertise to evaluate alternative technologies, troubleshoot immunoassays, and write technical documents.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs, safety procedures, and guidelines and maintain a safe work environment
- Analyze non-clinical and clinical study samples when necessary.
- Perform as a member of a team, interacting with internal and external colleagues.
- Be able to identify and solve business operational problems.
- May be responsible for leading or training other scientists regarding process, techniques, or tasks.
- Work independently and recognize when to seek the manager’s guidance.
- Doctorate in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific field with up to 2 years proven experience OR Master’s in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific field with at least 6 years of proven experience in a laboratory setting OR Bachelors in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific field with at least with at least 9 years of proven experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- Laboratory experience working with therapeutic proteins.
- Developing immune response, pharmacokinetic and/or biomarker assays on ELISA, MSD, SMC, SIMOA, Octet, Biacore, and/or similar assay platforms, is required.
- Previous experience leading a project and representing the functional group on the project is preferred.
- Previous experience coordinating assay development and validation is desired.
- Previous experience with automation platforms (e.g. Hamilton STAR), Watson LIMS and electronic lab notebooks is preferred.
- Prior experience with handling of biological matrices from animals and human subjects is required.
The position will be based at IRBM’s headquarters in Pomezia (Rome), Italy