Position: Senior Research Associate I, DMPK Unit, IRBM.
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company collaborates with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
The DMPK (Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics) unit at IRBM is searching for a self-motivated, proactive and team-oriented Senior Research Associate I to develop and conduct different types of in vitro ADME assays in in supporting the evaluation of potential therapeutics. Under limited/minimal supervision the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting in vitro assays including, but not limited to: plasma protein binding, metabolic stability, CYP inhibition, permeability assessment (CaCo-2, MDCK) and related experiments to characterize the ADME properties of novel chemical entities. Familiarity with the development and use of cell-based assays in 96- and 384 well plates is required. In this position, the candidate will be part of interdisciplinary teams: he must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment.
- Under limited/minimal supervision design and execute experiments in vitro ADME assays to support drug discovery projects
- Collect, analyze, interpret, upload to internal databases and report experimental data in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with multiple team members across different disciplines
- Participate in project and DMPK meeting; present data to management, project teams and partners.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety; comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Strong experience in cell culture of mammalian cells, including primary hepatocytes.
- Solid knowledge in developing and troubleshooting assay methods
- Capability to design and interpret data independently and maintain detailed, accurate study documentation.
- Hands-on experience with in vitro ADME assays is not strictly required but is highly desirable;
- Understanding of key ADME/PK concepts and principles would be considered a plus
- Highly organized, team player, enthusiastic, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field. With preferred degree, at least 3+ years of relevant research experience in lab, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.