Position: Junior Research Scientist, Compound Management, Medicinal Chemistry Unit, IRBM – REF. 170 B IRBM…
March 3rd, 2021
Position: Jr. Research Scientist at IRBM, High-Content Biology and Screening, Translational Research Department – Ref. 163 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated Jr. Research Scientist to join our High Content Biology and Screening Unit engaged in R&D activities. The successful candidate must have a proven record in utilizing the most common molecular biology and cell biology techniques and will be a hands-on experimentalist who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. She/he will be capable to successfully perform experiments under minimum supervision and to apply independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis. Emphasis is on the ability to interact well in a team environment: strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues at various levels is required.
- Under minimal supervision, perform the necessary laboratory activities and independently develop, troubleshoot, and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays in support of drug discovery and development efforts
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write and present comprehensive reports on results
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field; actively contribute to scientific discussions and projects planning.
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Proven experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Experience in stem cells culture and differentiation is not mandatory but would be considered a plus.
- Proven background in molecular pharmacology is not mandatory but would be preferred.
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills; capability to multi-task
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory.
MSc in Biological Sciences or a related discipline with at least 2+ years of relevant experience in academic or industrial environment.