December 23rd, 2020 Position: Research Scientist, DMPK Unit, IRBM Ref. 160 A IRBM is a…
January 12th, 2020
Position: Jr. Research Scientist at IRBM, High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Jr. Research Scientist to join our High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit and support our drug discovery efforts. She/he will contribute to developing novel immuno-mediated quantification assays to quantify protein biomarkers from a variety of samples including in vitro, ex vivo and human sample for clinical trials. The successful candidate is expected to work at bench: she/he will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position. Candidates with prior bioanalytical experience in protein biomarkers will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Design, develop, validate and use protein analyte quantification assays using different technology platforms, including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, SMC and TR-FRET.
- Perform bioanalytical studies; when necessary, troubleshoot, propose next steps or suggest alternate strategies
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize and present data when required.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Proven experience in protein analyte quantification assays
- Proven experience in standard molecular, biochemistry and cell biology procedures, including but not limited to cell culture, protein and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
- Understanding of GCP/GLP standards would be considered a plus.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 3+ years of relevant research experience.
Preferred: Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 1+ years of relevant research experience.