Position: Quality Assurance Manager at ADVENT ADVENT is a GMP-certified Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization,…
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of pharmaceutical companies, biotech’s as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Jr. Research Scientist to join our Peptide Chemistry Unit. The successful candidate will possess a background in peptide chemistry and will be passionate about conducting high quality scientific research. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be responsible for the synthesis and purification of complex peptides and peptide-mimetic molecules as well as for the analysis of peptides using a variety of analytical approaches.She/he will be reliable, organized, hardworking and willing to learn from others. The candidate will have a team-player attitude, will be capable to work to stringent timelines and will have multitasking capabilities.
- Develop and execute clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies, including solid-phase peptide synthesis.
- Purify, analyze and characterize molecules using a variety of purification and analytical approaches
- Work collaboratively to drive the peptide chemistry projects forward
- Manage workload and time to execute on multiple projects effectively, and deliver on agreed-upon objectives in a timely manner.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Background expertise in Peptide Chemistry is necessary
- Excellent laboratory skills with knowledge of the use of peptide synthesizers and of common purification (HPLC, IEX, GPC) and analytical (UPLC/HPLC and mass spectrometry) techniques
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Fast-learner, capable to work independently towards defined goals and timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills(in English) are essential.
- Required: in Chemistry, Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Technologies or related field with 3-yearsrelevant research experience in peptide synthesis.
- Preferred: Ph.D. in in Chemistry, Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Technologies or related field with at least 1-year relevant research experience in peptide synthesis.