Position: Quality Assurance Manager at ADVENT ADVENT is a GMP-certified Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization,…
Position: Jr. Research Scientist at IRBM, Computational Chemistry
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
IRBM is seeking a talented and highly-motivated computational chemist to join our medicinal chemistry drug discovery team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in applying a wide range of molecular modeling and computer aided drug design techniques to the advancement of small molecule drug discovery programs from hit-identification to lead optimization. The successful candidate will be creative and detail-oriented with a passion for drug discovery: she/he will be an integral member of interdisciplinary drug discovery project teams, and will apply virtual screening, computational chemistry, informatics, and data-mining methods to help drive hit discovery and lead optimization. The qualified candidate will also be involved in helping to improve our combination of computational chemistry and cheminformatics software applications and workflows.
- Provide computational chemistry support to research projects using a broad spectrum of structure-based design and cheminformatics techniques and analyses; enhance our understanding of SAR and influence team strategy by assimilating and interpreting data using modeling, and data-mining technologies.
- Apply state-of-the-art computational approaches to solving pharmaceutical research problems
- Establish and maintain productive interactions with our Structural Biology, High Throughput Screening, Discovery Biology and other groups
- Active participation in group, project team and departmental research meetings.
- Help to advance and maintain internal computational chemistry and chemoinformatic tools and infrastructure.
- Contributes to the writing of technical documents, patents, scientific manuscripts, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in computational methods such as structure and ligand-based design, conformational analysis, molecular dynamics, QSAR, binding free energy calculations and data mining.
- Proficient in computer programming and in modeling packages
- Skilled in the use of advanced scientific concepts and theories relevant to Computational Chemistry.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and capable of supporting multiple programs simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills, flexible and works well within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English) are required
- Required: Master Degree in Chemistry, Computational Chemistry or related field with at least 3+ years relevant research experience.
- Preferred: Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in Chemistry, Computational Chemistry or related field. With preferred degree, at least 1+ year of relevant research experience