Position: Junior Research Scientist at IRBM, Medicinal Chemistry Unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking a talented Master’s-level medicinal chemist with excellent organic synthesis expertise to advance internal and external small molecule drug discovery programs. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be involved in the planning and execution of multi-step organic synthesis to generate new chemical entities to achieve agreed upon objectives in a timely manner. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators to achieve company objectives and will work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Develop and execute synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Analyze and identify compounds using different purification and spectroscopic techniques,
- Contribute to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices; comply with all safety requirements according to Italian laws.
- Experience in synthetic route design and synthesis of complex molecules
- Proficient in experimental design and laboratory equipment
- Good laboratory skills and knowledge of common purification techniques (chromatography and HPLC)
- Knowledge and experience in structure elucidations of organic molecules by NMR and MS
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Good oral/written communication In English), planning and teamwork skills are expected.
- Required: Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline with 2+ years of relevant research experience.