Position: Junior Research Scientist, Compound Management, Medicinal Chemistry Unit, IRBM – REF. 170 B IRBM…
May 20th, 2021
Position: Research Scientist at IRBM, High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit, Translational Research Department – Ref. 164 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit and support our drug discovery efforts. She/He will actively lead and contribute to project teams tasked with rapidly advancing drug discovery programs. A strong background in biology with a special focus on assays development is expected. She/he will contribute to the design and development of novel assays in cell-based and possibly biochemical formats and will implement and execute experiments to test biological hypothesis, define the mechanism of action of new molecular entities and to validate functional/phenotypic readouts. The successful candidate is expected to work at bench: she/he will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position. While experience in the below skills is preferred, applicants with related skill sets are encouraged to apply.
- Actively and independently contribute to the development and use of medium and high-throughput assays for multiple programs using different technology platforms.
- Possibility to lead and mentor a team of research associates.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize, and present data to multifunctional internal and external teams
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and safety.
- Proven experience in molecular biology (i.e. plasmid design, cloning, DNA/RNA production, cell transfection, DNA and protein analysis via gels, PCR, pPCR)
- Proven experience cellular biology (i.e. cell culture, cell transformation, cellular event analysis, creation of stable cell lines)
- Proven experience in cell-based screening assay development (i.e. reporter assay, target engagement assay using Nanobit or NanoBret technology, etc.) and familiarity with compound testing and potency determination would be preferable
- Experience in biochemical assay development would be considered a plus
- Good attitude to automation and informatics. Ability to analyze big set of data using informatics software as Dotmatics, Biovia, Vortex, Spotfire, GraphPad or equivalent tools would be considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Required: MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field with 5+ years’ experience of relevant research experience.
- Preferred: PhD in the same disciplines outlined above with 2+ years of relevant research experience.