Position: Junior Research Scientist, Compound Management, Medicinal Chemistry Unit, IRBM – REF. 170 B IRBM…
May 20th, 2021
Position: Research Scientist at IRBM, Infectious Diseases Unit, Translational Research Department – Ref. 166 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is localized in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Infectious Diseases Unit and support our cellular/molecular biology efforts. She/he will be working in a team that is devoted to the development of cellular model systems and assays to study the pharmacological effect of the molecules of interest. The successful candidate will bring experience in the field of virology/molecular virology and will contribute to the development of cellular systems, including viral replication models, for screening, validation and characterization of active compounds for the identification of novel therapeutics against specific viral diseases.
- Contribute with theoretical and hands-on knowledge in molecular virology to the overall drug discovery efforts.
- Independently generate and manipulate DNA and RNA to generate the appropriate cellular models
- Develop cell-based assays for screening and characterization of active compounds; perform mechanism of action studies.
- Accurately record, analyze, and present data when required at internal and external meeting.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and safety.
- Proven experience in molecular virology (i.e., understanding of viral genomes, generation of replicon construct and cells, etc.)
- Skilled in basic molecular biology (i.e., plasmid design, cloning, DNA/RNA production/purification, DNA and protein analysis, etc.)
- Skilled in cellular biology (i.e., cell culture, DNA/RNA cell transfection, cellular DNA/RNA preparation)
- Knowledge of reporter cell-based assays would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory.
Required: MSc in Biology or relevant discipline, with 5+ years relevant experience.
Preferred: PhD in Virology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology or related fields, with at least 2+ years relevant experience.
Experience in Pharma/Biotech environment would be preferred but is not mandatory.