January 12th, 2020 Position: Jr. Research Scientist at IRBM, High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit…
December 23rd, 2020
Position: Senior Scientist, Research Informatics Ref. 158 B
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech’s as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking to hire a highly skilled, experienced and proactive Research Informatics expert to manage experiment-project data and applications for the IRBM scientific teams. In this position, the candidate will lead our growing Research Informatics Team and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our scientific data and application platforms. She/he will work closely with research scientists to identify and prioritize needs and will help them to effectively use tools and applications to capture, analyze, query and report R&D scientific data. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Medicinal Chemistry and is expected to bring innovative informatics solutions to solve problems at all stages of the drug discovery process. She/he will contribute to lead the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Lead Research Informatics Team
- Partner closely with scientists and other informaticians to envision, implement, and support informatics tools to acquire, store, transform, visualize, and analyze data.
- Support project teams in implementation of scientific and operational informatics solutions for multiple functions to ensure data accessibility, quality and integrity.
- Implement data visualizations to extract the full value of our scientific and operational data.
- Consult with scientists to understand needs and support those needs using applications and tools. Solutions can range from configurable COTS (commercially available off-the-shelf) to in house developed applications with the goal of optimizing data visualization and data analysis.
- Contribute to strategic planning and implementation of our data engineering platforms for multiple function
- Communicates issues, technical discrepancies, and projects status updates to team and scientific stakeholders.
- Implement ‘quick and easy’ informatics solutions that solve specific problems fast and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills, capability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, proactive and a team player.
- Outstanding capability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including with scientists, informaticians and stakeholders across different scientific fields
- Proven experience of computational data entry and data standards
- Strong programming and statistical analysis skills, including in Python and middle-tier programming technologies
- Familiarity with using and managing scientific applications such as BioVia suite, TIBCO Spotfire, PiplinePilot, Electronic Lab Notebook.
- Show thorough understanding of R&D processes and Drug Discovery data life cycle.
- Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D chemical structure analysis and representation would be considered a plus
MS/PhD in a scientific field coupled with informatics experience, or computational sciences with 5+ years of scientific application and database management expertise in the biopharmaceutical industry.