Job description: Promidis S.r.l. is a privately owned company, part of the IRBM group, focused on the identification of innovative drugs in high, unmet medical need areas, and on offering a highly competitive spectrum of drug discovery activities.
Position: Sr. Research Associate II at IRBM, Infectious Diseases Unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated Sr. Research Associate II to join our team in the Infectious Diseases Unit. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be able to work in an interdisciplinary team. She/he will be involved in the generation of biology data for our pipeline of projects, including drug discovery projects. The ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational skills and the ability to effectively present results and conclusions to co-workers, collaborators and managers as projects progress.
- Under supervision, establish, validate and execute in vitro and cell-based experiments to support project-based needs.
- Under supervision, develop and optimize new methods/techniques/assays to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize and present data to team members and cross-functional teams.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Proven experience in standard molecular biology and cell biology techniques, including but not limited to plasmid cloning and sequencing, DNA and RNA purification from bacterial and mammalian cell culture, RNA transcription, DNA and RNA transfection, mammalian cell culture, Western Blot, qPCR (TaqMan, digital PCR) and other gene expression assays.
- Experience with protein expression and purification and with biochemical assays would be considered a plus.
- Excellent team orientation, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- High school diploma with at least 4+ years’ experience of relevant research experience in lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field. With preferred degree, at least 1+ years of relevant research experience in lab