Position: Sr. Research Associate II at IRBM, High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Sr. Research Associate II to join our High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit and support our drug discovery efforts. She/he will contribute to developing novel assays in biochemical and cell-based format and will implement and execute experiments to test biological hypothesis, to identify new targets, to define the mechanism of action of new molecular entities and to validate biomarker hypothesis. The successful candidate is expected to work at bench: she/he will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position. Candidates with prior experience in high throughput biochemical and cell-based assay development will be given priority. While experience in the above skills is preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- Under supervision, develop and use medium and high-throughput assays using different technology platforms, including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, Singulex and TR-FRET.
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize and present data when required.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- Proven experience in standard molecular, biochemistry and cell biology procedures, including but not limited to, tissue culture, protein and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
- Proven experience in immunoassays development would be considered a plus.
- Proven experience in genome editing technologies (such as with CRISPR/Cas9, TALEN or ZFN) would be considered a plus.
- High school diploma with at least 4+ years’ experience of relevant research experience in lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field. With preferred degree, at least 1+ years of relevant research experience in lab.