IRBM Group has a GMP-certified Contract Manufacturing Organization, located in Pomezia (Rome) within the IRBM campus and dedicated to production of clinical lots of recombinant adenovirus to support Phase I and Phase II clinical trials for vaccine and gene therapy applications.
Position: Sr. Research Associate I at IRBM, Neuroscience unit
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates trough collaborations with a number of Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM is committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
The Neuroscience Unit at IRBM engages in translational research in rare neurodegenerative diseases and has established a large network of international and national collaborations to develop novel diagnostics and therapeutics, in particular for Huntington’s disease. We are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our team and support our research activities. The successful candidate will be involved in the implementation, execution and interpretation of experiments to address project hypotheses. He/she will have a strong capacity to work to tight deadlines and according to agreed-upon plans: a result-oriented personality and teamwork skills are essential for this position.
- Work at the bench on multiple projects; under supervision, plan, design and execute in vitro and ex-vivo experiments that provide the research findings necessary for the completion of an assigned project.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data with clear interpretation of results.
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members; interact across cross-functional groups.
- Positively impact project goals by delivering on agreed upon objectives.
- Proven experience in standard molecular and cell biology procedures, including tissue culture, protein and nucleic acid manipulation, experimental planning and data interpretation
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of English is mandatory
- Passion for science, dedication, focus, quick learning abilities, and the ability to multitask.
- Experience with antibody-based protein detection and quantification methodologies would be considered a plus
- Proven experience with functional gene analysis/target validation in cell lines and/or primary neuronal cultures (e.g. the use of viral vector-mediated gene transfer) would be considered a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field.
- At least 3+ years of relevant research experience in lab