IRBM S.p.A. is a biomedical research Company that provides a broad spectrum of research services for Drug Discovery, Organic Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology Applications, together with internal R&D projects endorsed by decades of industry experience.
We seek a young, motivated and enthusiastic: Scientific Equipment Services Specialist
He/she will part of a dynamic team of multi-skilled technical staff and will report directly to the Head of Department.
- Ensuring the correct and consistent implementation of planned/unplanned maintenance programs by managing the personnel involved in carrying out maintenance and calibration and/or by assigning the task to third parties;
- Managing ordinary and extraordinary maintenance programs;
- Implementing a preventive maintenance strategy;
- Collaborating with the Site Services and Safety Department and the Information Technology Department for a cost budgeting analysis aimed to rationalize the maintenance operations and all related procedures in collaboration with Site Services and Safety and IT. Reports of the activities preparation;
- Carrying out the supervision and verification of the maintenance operations, coordinating the team activities in collaboration with the laboratories’ managers, the IT and Site Services & Safety Departments’ staff as well as ensuring the applicable regulations in force on Quality, Safety, Hygiene and Environmental Protection;
- Ensuring a correct and consistent supply of the spare parts inventory by considering all budgetary functions and by defining the needs with the laboratories’ managers as well as with the maintenance services’ contractors.
IRBM S.p.A. is a private owned company leading a group of five affiliates and it is renowned for world-class science and personnel. Joining a growing innovative company with such a successful story would be a great opportunity for a young and motivated candidate.
Our ideal candidate will be qualified with a Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Scientific Technical Diploma and have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in the same role.
He/she will have a strong knowledge in the field of maintenance and repair of the supplied equipment in research laboratories and a technical support experience in research and production laboratories as part of analytical instruments such as HPLC, UPLC and GC.
He/she will have experience as basic user, but also on maintenance of laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, UPLC, gas chromatographs, spectrophotometers, NMR, as well as integrated systems for laboratory automation and analytical instrumentation, support such as scales, centrifuges, incubators, fume hoods, industrial refrigerator (-80).
- Proficiency with metrological techniques and the main certifications of tools and equipment;
- Proficiency with quality systems, in particular GMP, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485;
- Good direct intervention capacity on the instrumentation for the installation, setup, calibration and repair ability on both, the hardware and the software of the instrument;
- Autonomy, precision, ability to synthesize, problem solving, goal-orientation and excellent predisposition to work in team;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good/excellent level of written and spoken English;
- Discretion and understanding of confidentiality issues.
The position will be based at IRBM S.p.A. headquarters in Pomezia (Rome), Italy