October 27th, 2021 POSITION: JR PURCHASING / BUYER SPECIALIST AT IRBM, FINANCE & PURCHASING UNIT…
September 9th, 2021
Position: Senior Research Investigator at IRBM, High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit – Ref. 168 A
IRBM is a drug discovery and development company with a track record of success in accelerating and executing the translation of novel discoveries into clinically relevant therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, peptides, and monoclonal antibodies. IRBM is headquartered in Pomezia (Rome), Italy and provides several integrated pre-clinical laboratory services across the entire drug discovery process, ranging from target validation to clinical candidate molecule selection. The company operates through collaborations with several Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs as well as research institutes and non-profit foundations working in a range of disease indications. IRBM mission committed to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents that can help fight and cure diseases.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Investigator to join our High Throughput Biology and Screening Unit and support our drug discovery efforts. She/He will actively lead and/or contribute to project teams tasked with rapidly advancing drug discovery programs. A strong background in biology with a special focus on assays is expected. The successful candidate must have a previous experience in developing and/or running assays (preferably both biochemical and cell based) for early drug discovery possibly in the industry. She/he will contribute to the design and development of novel assays in cell-based and biochemical formats and will implement and execute experiments to test biological hypothesis, define the mechanism of action of new molecular entities and to validate functional/phenotypic readouts. The successful candidate is expected to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. She/he will lead a small team and possibly work at bench. A collaborative attitude and ability to multitask are essential for this position.
- Lead biochemical and cell-based assays development
- Lead a team of research associates
- Accurately record, analyze, summarize, and present data to multifunctional internal and external teams
- Establish productive working relationships with all team members
- Maintain high laboratory standards regarding quality and safety.
- Strong experience in biochemical assay and enzymology using multiple technologies
- Proven experience in molecular and cellular biology (i.e. PCR, pTR-PCR, dPCR, Western blot, ELISA, cell culture, cell transformation, cellular event analysis, creation of stable cell lines)
- Proven experience in cell-based assay development (i.e., reporter assay, target engagement assay using Nanobit or NanoBret technology, etc.) for medium and high-throughput screen
- Experience on compound testing and potency determination
- Good attitude to automation and informatics
- Ability to analyze big set of data using informatics software as Dotmatics, Biovia, Vortex, Spotfire, GraphPad or equivalent tools
- Work in team and discusses approaches to reach the success of early drug discovery projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Prior experience in an industry setting is preferred
PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience in the field as per above description (assays development for drug discovery)